In the event of a fire at a domestic or commercial property, we’re here to assist all parties involved.
For over ten years, we’ve been helping homeowners, insurance companies and the firms that work for them to repair, recover and reinstate homes after a fire or flood.
Ways in which we can assist include:
- Collection of salvageable items for repair or restoration
- Full house pack and store
- Moving items within a property to free up space for other tradesmen
- Short-notice collections to mitigate secondary damage
- Sensitive household moves to an alternative accommodation
- Providing dedicated workspace within our warehouse for technician’s and furniture restorers to work
- Full inventories and condition report, including photo log
After receiving an instruction, our first job is to speak to the policy holder and ascertain how urgent the work is. This gives us an opportunity to introduce ourselves and explain the process.
Once we’ve spoken to the policy holder and the other contractors involved, we’re usually in a position to submit our quote to the relevant parties, most typically the insurance company. Unless the job is very complex, we have an agreed pricing structure, ensuring that there are no surprises further into the process.
As soon as authorisation has been received, we’re in touch again to book in a suitable date for collection. The policy holder’s goods will then be stored in our modern temperature-controlled warehouse where we welcome the other trades involved. This could be furniture restorers or a disaster care team sent into clean and restore your belongings to a pre-incident condition.